If you enjoyed a few too many green cocktails or beers during the annual St. Patrick's Day celebration, this holiday has your name all over it! March 18 is Awkward Moments Day, an annual "holiday" that celebrates those embarrassing moments most of us would much rather forget!
While the origins of this unusual holiday are unknown, the person who "invented" Awkward Moments Day probably had a whopper of an embarrassing moment or created the event in honor of someone else who did!
- You lean in for the big moment - the highly anticipated first kiss. But much to your dismay, the special person on the receiving end doesn't reciprocate!
- You've been planning it for months - the big proposal. All your friends, family members, neighbors and even a few strangers all know about it. It goes off without a hitch and after you pop the question, she says no.
- You make a quick run to the store to pick up that one ingredient when you see him - the hottest guy in town. He comes over to say "hi" when you realize you are wearing your grungiest clothes, didn't brush your hair and forgot to put your makeup on!
- You sure do look familiar! You bump into someone on the street but for the life of you, you just can't remember his or her name.
- You're stopped at the stop light and you just can't resist. You go on a digging expedition in the old nose until you notice the horrified expressions from the folks in the carpool in the next lane!
- Despite the fact you studied all week, your mind goes completely blank when you take the big exam.
- You're giving a speech and forget the words.
- You are on a crowded elevator and you feel it coming. But no matter how hard you try, it happens. You pass gas - and it's not a "silent" one either! Blaming it on the stranger standing next to you is probably your best bet!
- You swore you parked your car in row 27. But after 30 minutes of searching and asking a slew of strangers for assistance, it turns out you parked your car in row two.
- Walking in on someone while they are "indisposed" is just plain awkward!
- After being out on the town for hours trying to impress all the ladies, you find out your zipper is down!